Make this your preferred source to get more updates from this publisher on Google.
Agriculture Secretary Francisco Tiu Laurel, Jr. filed Thursday graft and malversation complaints against six officials of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) in Davao Occidental and eight contractors over alleged P94-million ghost farm-to-market road projects.
The complaints were filed with the Office of the Ombudsman. This is the first time that the Department of Agriculture filed complaints over alleged anomalous farm-to-market road projects.
Tiu Laurel said he visited the supposed farm-to-market road projects last year and found nothing close to construction, even though they were funded way back in the 2021.
Agriculture Secretary Francisco Tiu Laurel, Jr. files graft and malversation complaints against six DPWH Davao Occ officials, eight contractors, over alleged ghost farm-to-market road projects worth P94 million @gmanews pic.twitter.com/1JmBTa7vYB
— Llanesca T. Panti (@llanescajourno) May 21, 2026
“Wala talaga. Zero. Wala kang makita (We saw nothing. You cannot see anything),” the DA chief told reporters after filing the complaint.
“Merong daanan, dirt road, dinadaanan ng tao, tricycle. Pero talagang walang semento. Walang bakal. Wala lahat,” he added.
(There is dirt road where people walk by, tricycles pass by. But there is no concrete. No steel. Nothing.) —AOL, GMA News
